"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Monday, May 13, 2013

Craftiness!

I don't have as much time as I'd like to get crafty, but when I do have some spare moments, I love to get my creative juices flowing and get out my craft supplies! Recently Matt built me a craft closet out of our foyer closet to help me get organized and it has definitely helped inspire me to get crafty more!
My sister-n-law Jessica is pregnant with their baby girl Emma and I asked her sweet friends who were throwing her a shower what I could do to help. They gave me the task of purchasing and leading people in making 20+ girly headbands! Me?! A total boy mom making girly headbands! With the help of youtube and my wonderful sister....mission accomplished! It was so much fun!
My good friend Amanda is pregnant with their third child, and they are BIG Disney fans! I had the privilege of throwing her a Mickey themed shower and my new Cricut definitely came in handy! I handmade all 60 of her invitations!
Thanks to good ole Pinterest, my Cricut helped make these fun decorations an easy reality. I hung this sign on the door where the shower was held, and Amanda can hang it on their front door when baby Anderson arrives!
This Mickey "It's A Boy" banner was also an easy make! This exact banner sells on Etsy for $20! Maybe I should start my own Etsy shop!
I also used my Cricut to make all 3 of her kids gift bags...
And lastly, making end of the year teacher gifts was also so much fun! Summer beach baskets filled with flip-flops, beach towel, pedicure gift card, and their name on a cute little sun made with my Cricut!
Ready for my next craft project already!

No comments:

Post a Comment