"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Thursday, February 14, 2013

My magical Valentine's date...

When I got in the car to take the boys to school, there was a card and beautiful red roses on the center console. The boys were just as shocked as I was! Carson kept yelling "Where did these come from?! Who did this?!" It was so cute! It was fun for them to see Mommy be surprised!
I opened my card to see three heart notes with times written on them. The words Matt wrote to me in my card were beautiful, but I was very distracted and a little worried that I was not allowed to open these notes until that specific time! I called Matt immediately to thank him for such a fun surprise, but needed to check that he had thought everything through, like our children, haha! He assured me everything was taken care of, and boy was he right!
When I got home from picking the kids up from school, I opened my first note. It said that his mom would be over shortly and that I had an appointment at my favorite nail salon for a manicure and pedicure in about an hour. I was SO excited! When I showed up at the nail salon, the owner knew exactly what I was going to have done and what my time frame was. He had already paid and included tip! The owner made sure I opened my 3:15 note on time, it was amazing!
 
My 3:15 note read that I was going to my hair stylist for highlights, something I've been wanting for months!!! He had really worked hard to get me an appointment, and I was so grateful! My hair stylist also knew I was on a time frame, and made sure I opened my 5:00 note on time too.  
My 5:00 note said to meet Matt at home and that the place we were going to at 8:30 for dinner, I would need a new outfit. He was taking me shopping before dinner to pick out whatever I wanted! I felt so pampered, and was thrilled to see him at 5:00 as he whisked me away to the mall to shop! I found a cute black and white dress at Gap and earrings to match. 
We went back home to change and get ready, then he surprised me with the restaurant we would be dining at. Antonio's! We've been wanting to go there for a few years now, but it's definitely a high scale restaurant, and not a place we would usually pick for a date night! I was so excited to try their food! 
My handsome hubby and I in the lobby... 
Antonio's had a special Valentine's Day menu and included a 3 course meal! Their food was delicious! 
We had such a great time talking about my day and I felt like a princess! 
Yummy heart shaped dessert... 
I truly am so blessed to be married to such a thoughtful man who appreciates and loves me so much! He is just the greatest! And a BIG thank you to my wonderful mother-n-law for taking the kids for the entire afternoon and evening so that I could enjoy such a special day! Love my sweet hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment