"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dear God...

I love my boys, I love their hearts, and I love that at only ages 4 and 2, they know what it means to pray. I don't want to forget all the sweet prayers and prayer time we have with them so I wanted to "jot" down my top few just this week. Carson has recently been telling me he loves me all the way to Mars, or all the way to the moon and back. I asked him this morning if he knew how much God loved him, and he said, "Wait, let me ask....Dear God, how much do you love me?" "He didn't say it very loudly Mommy but I know He loves me all the way to Mars too!" Last night Tanner cried out in the middle of the night, and I went in to his bedroom at 2am to check on him. He had lost his blankies somewhere in his bed and couldn't find them. After Mommy found his blankies, I tucked him back in, and started his lullabies over. Before I walked out of his bedroom, he sleepily said, "Mommy we need to do prayers" so at 2am TT and I had a sweet little prayer time. The day after my half marathon, my ankle was a bit hurt. It didn't hurt the day of my race, but decided to hurt the following day. I had the boys watching a movie while I laid on the couch to ice it for a little while, and Carson turned from his movie and asked what I was doing. I told him I had hurt my ankle and was just putting some ice on it. He immediately responded, "I'll pray for you, Dear God, please help Mommy's ankle to feel better." And the best prayer story yet is re-reading the story of Samson and Delilah (this past Sunday school lesson) with Carson last night. Our church is going through a series called "The Story" where adults and kids are all learning about the Bible in chronological order. We have the book for the little ones and re-read the stories throughout the week so they really sink in. This story was how Delilah cut Samson's hair so that Samson wouldn't be strong anymore, but then Samson asked God to make him strong again so he could destroy the temple. While hopping into bed, Carson started his prayers, and asked God to help him grow long hair so he could knock over our house! Oh my, I just love him! Carson may just be our little future pastor. He specifically asked his Bible Study teacher this morning where the main teacher, Mrs. Armested was, and the assistant teacher replied to him that she had been sick and would probably not be back for awhile. He looked right at her and said "I will pray for her to get better!" She then went on to tell me what a joy he is in class and how much he's into learning the lessons. Carson's been praying for his sweet friend Mac at school who just had his tonsils removed, and asks about him everyday. Love my little compassionate boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment