"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lady Track Shack 5K

I decided pretty last minute to sign up for the Lady Track Shack 5K when some other friends of mine were participating in it. I'd figure it would give me a little boost gearing up for my big race in just a couple of weeks! 
 
Track Shack events are always pretty popular, but this one was especially popular when 2,000+ ladies were running to raise money and awareness of breast cancer. Something close to my heart when my good friend Dawn battled and WON just over a year ago!
The course was the same course we ran back in July, but it was still fun, and I was thrilled to finish with a 10:05 minute mile pace (finishing time not correct above me, correct time was posted online) 
Fun times with fun friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment