"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Monday, November 5, 2012

Celebrating 6 years

It's really hard to believe that Matt and I have been married for 6 years! It seems like yesterday we were planning our wedding, taking an awesome trip to St. Lucia and dreaming of what our future would look like. 6 years, a house, 2 kids, and a minivan later, here we are! We always make sure we take time to go away during our Anniversary weekend (thanks to our amazing family!) And even though we still got away for 2 nights, this year was a little different. This year I personally appreciated the "for better or for worse" part of our marriage vows 6 years ago, as my husband has been taking care of me while I've battled with vertigo. We took some time away to rest and relax for the weekend and it was so nice! Dinner for two at yummy Macaroni Grill...
We stayed near Downtown Disney and were able to take a short walk from our hotel to see the Christmas decorations. The tree was beautiful! 
We got ice cream at one of my favorite places, Ghiradelli chocolate shop, so delicious! 
The next day we ventured into Epcot for their annual Food and Wine Festival. We usually visit Epcot for this reason on our Anniversary every year. This year we had to walk around slowly and sit often with my dizzy spells, but we still had fun! Matt with his lambchop... 
And I got an awesome empanada!
We made the mistake of taking the Disney shuttle bus from our hotel to Epcot, and the ride home about had me on the floor! Matt being his silly self took a picture of our not so fun spinning ride. 
We had a wonderful 2 days mainly staying in our awesome hotel room with this great view and just relaxing. It was nice to rest in different scenery and enjoy doing not much of anything!  
So thankful for my amazing husband and all he does for me and our sweet boys! Happy 6 years love!

No comments:

Post a Comment