"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Friday, December 16, 2011

Ladies Christmas Dinner

I was really excited when I got asked by our Involvement Director at our church to organize and lead a group of 15 3-5 year olds to sing at the annual Ladies Christmas Dinner. I also volunteered to decorate one of the tables at the dinner. Thanks to my good friend Pinterest, I found a beautiful cranberry/floating candle centerpiece idea, and went with it! Here is my table all finished...A couple of months ago, I picked out 3 Christmas songs and had the songs put on cd's so the children could practice at home. We also held 2 practices a couple of weeks before the big night so the kids could get used to the stage. They sang beautifully and looked so wonderful in their Christmas attire! Matt and I couldn't have been more proud of our sweet Carson! He stood up on stage like a big boy and sang his little heart out! After the musical program, the ladies went back out into the atrium for dessert and coffee. They had a special table for the children where they ate cookies, and colored ornaments for a keepsake of their special night.Carson and his best bud Landon. Aren't they so handsome, and so big?! Mommy and Daddy with our sweet boy! We were SO proud!!!
Jamie took this adorable video of the kids singing Jingle Bells!

No comments:

Post a Comment