"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

What a weekend full of fun and surprises! Mother's Day kicked off on Saturday morning for me when Matt let me sleep in! That was nice. Somehow he kept the boys quiet while I enjoyed the extra few hours of sleep, and I woke up to all of the kids toys organized and things picked up - an extra bonus! After getting ready, we went to Publix for my favorite sub, spinach dip, and banana pudding...yum! We headed to our favorite park, Lake Lily, for a family picnic. The weather was gorgeous and the boys did awesome!
After lunch we played some baseball... And watched Tanner run all over the open grass area... Carson loves to watch the trains go by at Lake Lily, but it's not everytime we visit that we get to see one. What a fun surprise to hear the "choo choo" in the distance. Carson and I took off running toward the train track to get an up close seat!
After our family picnic we headed home for naps. Later that evening Matt took me out for a special dinner at Bahama Breeze before our small group that we attend on Saturday nights. The next morning I woke up to breakfast, flowers, and gifts on the kitchen table! Matt made homemade french toast, omelets, and coffee! After an awesome church service, Matt took his special Mom out for lunch. After the boys took a quick nap, we continued the weekend of fun at Trimble Park in Mount Dora with my family. Carson got to play baseball with Daddy and Uncle Jacob... Our silly Hannah Grace copying Carson's baseball stance complete with a chocolate mustache! Tanner got pushed in the car by Nana and Hannah, and loved on lots by Aunt Brooke! We celebrated Mother's Day with my wonderful Mother...
And Grandmother... And celebrated my Dad's birthday too! I am so grateful to Matt for making this weekend so special! And I thoroughly enjoyed all of my time spent with my 2 precious boys and family! Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mommies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment