"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Monday, October 29, 2012

Fun & learning at home!

I think my famous phrase throughout all of my blog posts are "This is my favorite age!" I just can't help it, every age and stage my boys are going through is just so fun. Carson is really at a great age where he is excited to do new things and learn. He's a sponge! I took an idea off of pinterest and created a race track around his bedroom. This entertained the boys for quite some time! There were 2 sides to the track, and they'd pass each other and "honk!"
Carson LOVES to do worksheets and workbooks. I'm always so amazed how fast he picks up the instructions and completes the pages. I know I should just soak in the moment of him loving these books so much, but sometimes I have to encourage him to do other things because he will seriously do a whole entire workbook in one sitting! Love his excitement! 
Carson also loves computer games. His favorite is Curious George on the PBS website. He knows exactly how to get on and move from game to game. Tanner loves watching Carson play too, and puts his two sense into how he should play it. It's a great way to get dinner cooked that's for sure! 
My boys love to paint! This only happens on the back porch and takes Mommy's full attention! Tanner would paint the porch if I walk away. They love to mix colors. Carson figured out that red+yellow=orange! He was thrilled! 
The internet makes it so easy to keep kids occupied! I am constantly printing off crafts and worksheets for them to do. This week we made a triceratops skeleton using a template from the internet, and uncooked macaroni noodles. They loved it! (And yes, we craft in our underwear, don't you? Ha!)
Tanner is really into dinosaurs right now. I love to hear him say "Stygimoloch" or "Triceratops". He loved this activity! 
I
I am venturing into the world of addition and subtraction with Carson. We have a Leapfrog math game that he loves to play (an Aunt Sharon hand-me-down!) and he is really good at it. I set up the problems for him, and he answers it by finding the correct card that has the solution on it. Addition is getting a little too easy now, so we have slowly introduced subtraction. Love my smart boys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment