"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mommy goes running!

Back in January, Matt and I started running. We did a program called Couch to 5K and honestly could barely run 1 minute straight...it's the truth! We set a goal to run a 5K (3.1 miles) and in March, we ran our first one.
After our first 5K in March, I fell in love with running! It's a great time for me to clear my head, relieve some stress, and listen to my Mommy only music for awhile, all while getting exercise. Carson and Tanner say "Mommy goes running". I mainly run in the early morning before the heat is too much to handle. Carson always greets me at the door when I come in and knows I head straight for our fan in our bedroom after I grab my water bottle. This past week, he wanted his water bottle too and sat with me beside the fan. So sweet!
Now I have a goal to run in a half marathon (13.1 miles) in December and have ran over 155 miles in the past 3 months! I went from barely being able to run 1 minute straight, to running 70 minutes straight. My training schedule for the half marathon is pretty strict, but has definitely built up my endurance and long distance running in just the 8 weeks I've been doing it. Matt and the boys join me too sometimes and we go as a family in the late evening. 
We recently ran in another 5K and our boys ran in the kid run. It was fun to race together as a family!
I'm so appreciative for my supportive husband! When we run together as a family, he always pushes the stroller so I can focus on my run, and even hooks up his Iphone to a speaker and blares kid music for the boys! We look a little silly but the boys stay entertained! :)
Today my long distance run goes up to 7 miles and I'm getting close to my 13.1 miles! When I feel like quitting, I repeat Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This running Mommy has a goal to reach and I can't wait to do it! Half marathon here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment