"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

Black Friday is something I look forward to every year! It's not just the awesome deals you get on things, but the fun memories you make while doing it. This year, our Black Friday plan was perfect! Jamie and I were on a hunt for great toy deals at ToysRUs, so that was our first stop. We got in line at 7:30pm on Thanksgiving night, an hour and 30 minutes before the store opened. Our strategy was to split up since we've learned in years past that most of their big ticket items are in the middle of the aisles all throughout the store. We were number 120 to get into the store. We had everything on our list in record time, grabbing the last of several things off the shelves! We were ecstatic! After ToysRUs, Jamie and I met up with my Mom and Brooke at SuperTarget. We got there at about 10:30pm, and the store opened at midnight. We had fun waiting in line and getting our shopping strategy together. This year, I found cute Christmas shopping bags at Cracker Barrell. I picked up a few for all of us so that we could eliminate the shopping carts, making it easier to get through the crowd. See? Strategy!! :) We had another successful shopping trip at Target, and then headed to Kohl's too. I was excited about my CVS Black Friday shopping trips. I went to 5 different CVS stores to pick up all of these useful items (including new IPod headphones!). I spent $14.00 total on all of this, and earned $25 in Extra Care Bucks. Oh how I love CVS, and coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment