"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer


My dear friend Dawn was recently diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer. I have known Dawn and her husband Jason for about 8 years. Dawn and Jason were first my college bible study leaders, who played a huge role in Matt and I reuniting after a long separation. They were there for me during a very uncertain time in my life, and offered so much support, prayer, time, and friendship. Throughout the 5 years that Matt and I have been married, we have been blessed by their friendship continuously. Dawn has been the leader of the Monday night women's bible study that I have been apart of for a couple of years now. We have been through several life changing studies together. Matt and I have also been apart of the same adult life group with them as well. Dawn is a true woman of Christ. She is compassionate, caring, giving, and the best workout buddy too! She found a mass on her left breast after working out one morning. The mass literally appeared overnight. She is only 34 years old, and breast cancer does not run in her family. It has been a whirlwind the past month as her and her famiy learn of all that's ahead for them. Dawn has been through several procedures, biopsies, tests, and scans. She will start intense chemo on Monday, October 10th, and will continue chemo for 4-5 months. After chemo, she will undergo a double mastectcomy, and then radiation. She is confident in her doctors, but mostly, she is confident in our God who is MIGHTY! I will be participating with Dawn, and other close girlfriends in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on Saturday, October 29th. I have a goal to raise $250.00 in support. If you are able to give, please go to this website: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCFY12Florida?px=23107882&pg=personal&fr_id=36024
It will take you to my page. Then click on "donate on my behalf". You can donate any amount. $5.00 is not too small for this cause! One of Dawn's favorite verses in the bible is Jeremiah 29:11..."For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Please keep Dawn, her husband Jason, and 16 year old daughter Danielle in your prayers over the next several months. Thank you in advance for your donations, and most of all your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment