"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tanner's 1st Birthday Party!

When searching for a birthday party theme for Tanner's birthday, we thought about what Tanner's favorite things to do at this age are. Tanner absolutely loves to swing! Swinging lead to airplanes and flying...and our birthday party theme took off! Our sweet one year old ready for his party... My sister of course added her creative touches to Tanner's party! She made this adorable sign for our front door... Tanner's cloud birthday banner (also made by Aunt Mamie!), and my good friend Amanda made these pom-poms aka clouds to hang up on our outside porch... Tanner's first year flew by, that's for sure! This banner showcased a picture for each month of Tanner's first year... Our backyard was filled with fun! The Emergency Landing Slide (the slide!), and the Flight Zone (swings!)...
The kids had a blast jumping in our "Cloud jump"!... A friend of mine made this adorable shirt for Tanner's first birthday... Sweets table... I couldn't resist buying this airplane cake mold I found at the craft store. I decided to tackle the project of making Tanner's "smash" cake myself. I had so much fun dipping into my creative side and making this special cake for our sweet boy... Tanner wasn't afraid to dive right into the cake... He thought it was quite funny!
After alot of fun playing outside, Tanner helped me open up his presents... What a fun day with our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment