"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Monday, March 15, 2010

My Big Brother's Hands


My sister watched Carson one afternoon, and had him make a craft for his little brother. This poem is so special and will hang in Carson's little brother's room. The poem reads:

When I came into the world,
Mommy held me out to you.
She said to touch me softly,
She showed you what to do.

Your hands proudly held me,
You claimed me as your own.
You asked if I was "for keeps"
If you could take me home.

Your hands are Mommy's helpers,
Anything silly to make me smile.
Hunting for my lost blankie,
Pushing the stroller for awhile.

Your hands are my amusement,
Playing peek-a-boo with sheets.
Humpty Dumpty and pat-a-cake,
Tickling my tummy and my feet.

Your hands are my heroes,
I'll watch intently as you play.
My curious eyes will follow you,
I'll want to be like you one day.

As we both grow older -
A bond both strong and deep.
Between me and my big brother,
Who gave his love for keeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment