"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Savage Race

I may have turned a bit crazy after I realized how exhilarating finishing a full marathon was. I wanted to do something much different than "just" running for miles, so I convinced Matt to sign up for the Savage Race with me. We had other friends who signed up to do it too, and we had the best team to conquer this muddy obstacle race! 
Thankful for other crazy girlfriends who joined in! 
I knew I wouldn't be able to finish the race without this stud beside me. He is my biggest supporter, and although he was not too thrilled about participating in this race, he did it for me, and that meant the world! He actually rocked this thing! 
The first obstacle was by FAR the worst obstacle for me! I was thankful it was the first and we got it over with. It was the ice bath. Matt and I held hands and jumped into this giant tub full of ice and water. You then had to swim under a plank of wood and then get out on the other side. I was not expecting to lose feeling all over my body! There was a quick second I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get out! Thankfully I did, and ran off the numbness! 
All of the other obstacles were definitely challenging! There was A LOT of mud, walking and swimming in murky water, balancing on beams, crazy monkey bars, crawling through tight tunnels, barbed wire, and more! It was thrilling and fun and I loved doing it with these awesome people! 
Unfortunately our race was cut short at the last half mile due to a pretty severe lightning storm! We missed the giant obstacle at the end where you climb up a huge ramp using a rope and then slide down a big slide into a pool of water. We did get to finish running the race though! I'm a Savage finisher! I can't WAIT to do it again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment