"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Friday, April 5, 2013

Braving the Cinedome Theater!

It's been awhile since we've been to the Science Center, and our passes are about to expire, so we spent a couple of hours there on Friday. When we were checking in, I noticed there was a movie at the Cinedome on Space that I knew Carson would LOVE. Unfortunately, the last time we gave the Cinedome theater a try, we immediately left out the back doors because the boys were so scared! I decided we'd give it another go, but told Carson we would do a few of their favorite things first. Carson is obsessed with the tarantula (I have no idea why, just the boy in him I guess!) so we headed to the animal exhibit first.
Then it was up to the top floor for the dinosaur exhibit, one of Tanner's favorites now! Our little future archaeologist in action... 
I don't think I have to do much explaining...this picture tells it all!! I know, it looks like I'm torturing my children, but I KNEW if I could just get them through the first 5 minutes, they would love it! We sat at the very top just in case we needed to exit quickly! 
The movie began and they both covered their ears for the first minute. Tanner was the first one to take his hands off of his ears, and Carson realized it wasn't so bad after a minute or two also. I just kept "oooing" and "ahhing" over all the awesome stars and space technology that was being shown. Now we have 2 happy boys... 
 
The movie was awesome and Carson had so many questions about space satellites and rockets. It's been fun talking about space with him and they both want to take Daddy to see it this weekend! Maybe a trip to the Kennedy Space Center is in our near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment