"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Friday, March 15, 2013

4 1/2 years old!

I was laying in bed the other night thinking about how people tell you when your kids are born how fast the time will fly by. In that exact newborn baby stage it seems as though the clock is slowly ticking as you're just trying to get through the sleep deprivation, diaper changes, feedings, and so much more. But then, all of a sudden, you realize, your sweet baby boy that you feel like was born yesterday, is 4 1/2! How did that happen?! And so it hit me laying in bed that all of those little old ladies who tell me in the grocery store all the time when I'm frantically trying to make it through the grocery store with a 2 and 4 year old are right...enjoy every moment because the moments go by so fast! We've never celebrated "half birthdays" in our house, but a new tradition was born this week when I realized Carson's half birthday was in a couple of days. I knew he would think it would be super cool to hear about this new tradition we were going to start. I want to celebrate my kids every chance I get, and if that means cupcakes and other fun stuff when you hit your half birthday, then that sounds good to me! It also gives me a chance to blog about just how much my kids are quickly changing and growing into their own little people. 
Carson is one of the most compassionate kids I know. He has a heart to really get to know you, no matter who you are or what you look like, and isn't afraid to talk to others whether it's a child or an adult. Matt and I love this quality about him because we both were shy as kids and to see Carson act the opposite is definitely something to love. He talks to every child on the playground, and immediately asks them their name. One time, after forming a fast friendship at the park, he asked if his new friend could join us for lunch. He hopped right up in the hairdressers chair the other day and had his own conversation with her. When leaving, he turned around all on his own and said "Thank you so much, hope to see you again soon!" 
Carson is a social bug like his Mama. He loves to stay busy with activities, and absolutely LOVES school. He knows that on Tuesdays and Thursdays he goes to school, and on Wednesdays, we go to Bible Study where he has his friends and teachers that he adores. His love for baseball is really beginning to show, and we are so glad that we put him in for this spring season as it's just enhanced his personality even more.
I kid around that Carson will be a pastor one day. He quickly reminds me when we've forgotten to do our devotion for the day, and loves to read his Bible. His prayer times can be quite humorous at times, like the night he prayed that God would give him long hair like Samson so he could be super strong and knock over our house. He asks us questions about the Bible out of the blue, and Matt and I look at each other sometimes like "Who's going to answer that one?!" 
We love our sweet Carson James and are blessed to be his parents!

We'll brag about our sweet Tanner in just a few short months when he turns THREE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment