"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Our Mother's Day celebrations began at the park after we celebrated my Dad's birthday. We surprised my mom with a girls afternoon at the Garden Gate Tea Room in Mt. Dora. The grandkids made Nana a "Helping Hands" oven mitt with their handprints painted on.
The Garden Gate Tea Room in Mt. Dora is such a beautiful place. We shared a couple of their delicious desserts and had tea. It was all very yummy! We loved having our girl time and celebrating our wonderful Mama!
We attended church Saturday evening. Our pastor had all the mothers in the room stand, shared a special video, and prayer. Me with my two amazing blessings after church...
On Sunday morning, I woke up to beautiful flowers and cards on the dining room table. I went off to church for both services for Children's Ministry, while Matt and the boys took Matt's mom to breakfast. The boys made Grandma a special helping hands mitt too, and enjoyed their time with her. 
Here are my sweet presents from the boys that they made at Preschool. Tanner made me a flower pen. His teacher used his fingerprints to make a bumblebee and ladybug. So cute! Now I have a fun pen at my desk. :)
Carson gave me a bag of chocolates with a sweet poem written on it. He also made me a Mother's Day card and said I am special because I put him to bed after we play race cars. :)
 
After church I enjoyed a nice nap by myself, and woke up to more presents on the table from my sweet hubby! Matt had stayed up until 3am two nights in a row to make me the most thoughtful DVD of me meeting our precious boys for the first time, and my journey through Mommyhood so far. (I will try to post the DVD at the end of this blog post). After watching my DVD, and wiping away my joyful tears, we all loaded up in the van for an afternoon trip to the beach! We stopped at a pizza place for cheesesticks and pizza...yum!!
The weather was a little overcast, but that didn't keep us from having a great time. It was actually better because the sun wasn't beating down on us, and there were hardly any people on the beach! The boys started digging and "building a wall" right away!
Matt had fun burying the boys in the sand! Tanner wasn't sure what to think of that, but Carson thought it was great!
Mommy and her silly boys...


The perfect way to end a perfect Mother's Day...double butterfinger blizzard, Mommy's favorite!
So thankful for such a special day and so thankful to God for blessing me with the honor of being a Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment