"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Library

We've come a long way in our adventures to the library! I would be lying if I said storytime and checking out books didn't STRESS me out to the max about a year ago! I can vividly remember my first time taking both Carson and Tanner when Tanner was just a few weeks old, and leaving in tears thinking I would never be able to keep 2kids, let alone boys, quiet in a library! I can say proudly today that our boys do so well (most of the time) and visiting the library is an activity we love. Tanner heads straight for the puzzles and crayons. And Carson is my little book hunter. He gets so excited when the book he randomly pulls out is one that interests him. Today we found books with cd's, and Carson loves listening to the books in the car and turning the pages when it "chimes" on the cd. Our new library hurtle to overcome is Carson's attachment to the books we check out. These books become apart of our nightly reading routine, and then when it's time to take them back, he's in tears (ok maybe I have cried once over Hickory Dickory Dock too!!). We've been renewing them until we can't renew any longer, but it is getting better. Loving this time with my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment