"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My 28th Birthday

We celebrated my birthday over the weekend and had such a fun time with our family. We started off the afternooon with a little swimming. Somehow we managed to get all 3 kids to sit and smile for a picture. Don't they look so grown up?! My parents neighbors have such a nice pool, and we are so thankful that they let us swim whenever we like. We have loved swimming with the kids lately and practicing their swimming techniques that they have learned this summer. They are such little fish in the water now! After some fun in the sun, my mom made a delicious meal and we opened presents. Carson was a big help!
My aunt, uncle, and cousins were able to join in on my birthday celebration too. Yum...brownie sundaes!
After dessert, my parents graciously offered to watch the boys overnight so Matt and I could have a date night. We headed to our bible study small group at our friends house, then went and saw a late movie at the dollar theater. It was alot of fun! Then on my actual birthday on Tuesday, Jamie and I took the kids to Amaya Papaya for a Kindermusik playdate. We had a blast dancing to the music!




The remainder of my special day was spent having lunch (& a little shopping!) at the mall, a nice nap, and Tijuana takeout for dinner! What a great birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment