"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Uncle Scott's 50th Birthday

We headed to Lake Weir for my Uncle Scott's 50th Birthday Bash! We had so much fun celebrating! We ate delicious ribs and pork that had been smoking on the grill all day - yum! We had a time of sharing and entertainment. My cousin Alex made up a dance to a remix of music from the 60's. She did great! Carson couldn't help but get up and boogie too!
My cousin Maddy wrote "50 things I love about my dad" and read it aloud. It was incredibly sweet! What a great Daddy he is to his girls.
Afterwards, we headed out on my uncle's boat. Carson's very first boat ride. It was a little windy, which made the water a bit choppy, but Carson got to sit and "drive" the boat for a minute. He still talks about "Uncle Scott, boat, go fast!!!"
My uncle loves to take photographs of nature, and for a gift, my aunt had some of his best shots framed. This one from Colorado is absolutely breathtaking!!
Happy Birthday Uncle Scott, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment