"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Thursday, May 8, 2014

My sweet Grandma Betty

It has been a really hard few weeks for our family. We said goodbye to my sweet Grandma on May 8th. Grandma loved her family more than anything in this world. She loved to spend time with us and made us feel special every time we were with her, and even when we were not with her by sending us cards and calling us on the phone. We were very fortunate to have had Grandpa and Grandma living close to us since our late Elementary years. We were able to make some really wonderful memories with them and will cherish those memories forever. My Grandma was a really good cook. We grew up always wanting her mashed potatoes and homemade noodles and lots of cookies and sweets. Jamie and I had a baking day with her not too long ago and learned how to make her homemade cinnamon rolls.
 It's a memory I will always have. I know I'll never make them as good as she could, but I will definitely try! My grandparents were married for 66 years. Their marriage is an example of true love and faithful commitment that I pray Matt and I will follow. They loved each other so much, took care of one another, and showed us all what it means to sacrifice in a marriage. My Grandpa has been her rock the past few years as he has been by her side during all of her health issues. He has such a big heart and loved her more than anything.
I am so grateful that Grandma was able to meet and spend so much time with our boys. She thought the world of her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids. Carson and Tanner both have wonderful memories spent with Great Grandma, and nothing makes me happier than to hear them recall those memories and talk about her. 
We miss her SO much and cling to the legacy she left for us. She was a beautiful person both inside and out and I'm so grateful for all that she taught me and all that she poured into my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment