"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tanner is TWO!

Wow, it's so hard to believe that our baby boy is TWO today! I remember his debut into this world very clearly! Our sweet boy shocked us with his 9lb 3oz self and his 3 hour delivery! We should have taken that as a warning to expect the unexpected with our TT!
 The second I layed eyes on him, I instantly felt the overwhelming love, joy, and gratitude that I did when I first met Carson. My boys mean everything to me!
 Our Journey as a family of four began! Carson seemed so little to be a big brother, but he took on his role very seriously, and loves his brother so much.
Although alot of the time I feel as though I need a black and white referee shirt and a whistle with their wrestling, they are the sweetest brothers to each other. Carson really looks out for Tanner and Tanner just wants to do everything his big brother does.
Tanner is a very busy toddler! I have learned ways to keep him occupied when I am doing things with Carson, or needing to get things done for myself.
Tanner loves the water, especially the ocean waves. Everytime we get on the highway, he says, "Mommy? Go to beach?"
He loves a good game of hide and seek! His favorite hiding place is under Carson's bed! Such a sneaky little guy! 
His new favorite thing to do is to try on different clothes. He recently has been pulling random things out of his dresser and insisting on wearing it. One day it was his brother's Buzz and Woody pj pants...
 
And one day it was Mommy's work-out shirt! He also loves the color blue and wants to wear "blue shirts" when I dress him each day.
Tanner still sucks his thumb and loves his blanket and froggy. His thumb sucking has dwindled a bit, but he still does it, and loves to play with Mommy's hair at the same time. It's one thing I can hold onto his baby years with, so I'm okay with it for now!
 We love our sweet TT to pieces and are so blessed to have him in our lives! Happy 2nd Birthday our sweet Tanner! We love you!

1 comment: