"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 4: 6-9

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Prom

Matt and I were asked by some teens in our high school small group if we would be willing to drive a group of them in the church van to prom! We were honored to be apart of such a special day for them. Matt took his job as chauffeur very seriously! He dressed up in a suit, and made sure the church van was spic and span! My wonderful parents took the boys for the night, and Matt and I had a blast on "prom night"! The handsome chauffeur... We wrote "Prom 2011" on a couple of the windows. This got quite the honks and waves on the interstate! I made sure the kids had water bottles, and of course candy, for the drive there. Everything was gone by the time we arrived - taking pictures for an hour will do that to teens! My handsome date for the evening... The group...
Their prom was held at the Gaylord Palms - such a beautiful hotel! So ready to party...but they allowed me to take one more picture! After we dropped the kids off, Matt and I did a little Disney hotel hopping! We had about 4 1/2 hours to kill (who are we kidding...we were in heaven!) before we had to pick them back up. Our first stop was the Boardwalk where we walked around for awhile. Then we headed to the Yacht and Beach Club for dinner. After dinner we layed in the lawn chairs on the "beach" of the Beach Club and watched the fireworks. My favorite moment of the night was when we went to the Polynesian Resort and Matt worked some major magic with our favorite restaurant Ohana. Ohana is an all you can eat restaurant and they serve the most delicious dessert ever...Banana Fosters...yum!! Somehow, my amazing hubby convinced the restaurant next door to Ohana to allow us to order my favorite dessert that is exclusive to Ohana at their restaurant! I was super excited!
After our wonderful date, we headed back to the Gaylord Palms to pick up the kids and drove them back home. What a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment